The Village contracts with Waste Management for garbage and recycling pickup and therefore allowing a convenience to our residents by the joint billing. The garbage and recycling containers must be placed at the end of the driveway, the handles facing the house, by 6:00 AM the day of pickup and no earlier than 6:00 PM the night before.
Please visit Waste Management to learn more about service or place a service request.
Items for Pick-up
- Oversized Items: ONE large regular household item such as a bicycle, table, chair, mattress, 10 rolls of carpet - cut to 4'x2' and tied, etc. will be collected on the normal trash day free of charge.
- Diabetics may request a hazardous materials container from Waste Management or may place used syringes in empty milk bottles with a secured lid.
- Regular garbage pick-up DOES NOT include any of the following:
If you need to have any of the above items picked up, you must make special arrangements with Waste Management please call 800-796-9696.
- electronics (see SWALCO information below)
- yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, twigs etc.)
- building debris
- household appliances
- Christmas Trees
- Yard Waste
- To establish yard waste service, please call Waste Management at 800-796-9696. Yard waste will be collected April 1 through November 30th.
Pick-up day for Residents North of Route 120
Garbage and Recycling pick-up is on Mondays from 6:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Please place garbage and recycling containers at the curb after 6:00 p.m. Sunday nights and remove them by 6:00 a.m. on Tuesdays.
Pick-up day for Residents South of Route 120
Garbage and Recycling pick-up is on Tuesdays from 6:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Please place garbage and recycling containers at the curb after 6:00 p.m. Monday nights and remove them by 6:00 a.m. on Wednesdays.
Pick-up day for Residents in the Emerald Bay and Silver Leaf Glen Subdivisions
Garbage and Recycling pick-up is on Thursdays from 6:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Please place garbage and recycling containers at the curb after 6:00 p.m. Wednesday nights and remove them by 6:00 a.m. on Fridays.
Ordering replacement containers
To request a new garbage or recycling container visit https://www.wm.com/us/en/support/request-a-container-repair/request-a-container-repair-form.
WASTE MANAGEMENT HOLIDAYS OBSERVED
Below are the holidays for Waste Management. Garbage will be picked up the following day after the holiday.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day